Apparently there’s been an even longer time since my last update now, than when I posted last time. Been almost a year… Time passes way too fast.
Since my last post, I:
- Went to Easter Camp
- Visited Finland with the church youth group (I seem to recall us having a city exploration game, unfortunately it was raining rather badly…)
- Went to Jenny and Martin’s wedding
- Went to Tromsø on a work conference, visited some friends while I was there
- Went to Summer Camp
- Hung out with friends and visitors during summer vacation
- Went to William and Marita’s wedding
- Went to Enoch and Monica’s wedding the weekend after that
- Went on a cabin trip with the church youth group (apparently there’s a difference between cabins and cottages. The correct term for what the Norwegians traditionally call “hytte” would be cabin or log cabin, because it’s usually built mainly with wood and is also usually located in the woods.)
- Went to Copenhagen on another work conference, visited the Tivoli amusement park and The National Museum of Denmark.
- Started playing Dungeons & Dragons with some friends. So far we have found that we might be somewhat lacking in imagination, and generally only know how to rush dungeons and try to beat up everyone. Also we have the worst luck with dice rolls.
- Went to the “Films From the South Festival” (watched mostly anime and Asian movies)
- Went to Boda Borg in Sweden, it was quite fun!
- Went to Hong Kong and Malaysia with my family. And went to my cousin’s wedding in Hong Kong.
Malaysia, being one of the tropical countries, was quite hot and I’m glad that the tour guide that took us around sightseeing had a car with great air conditioning.
- Tried out curling. Found out I suck at it as with most competitive sports and games.
Apparently I went to a total of five weddings throughout 2015. I was invited to Wenny’s wedding too, but in the end I decided not to go since I was already going to two other weddings in that same month. Sorry Wenny. If I count the two weddings I went to in Final Fantasy XIV, the count would go up to seven weddings, but I guess those two probably don’t count.
I’ve mostly lost track of the video games I play. I feel like I don’t get around to play as much as I really want, because a lot of evenings after work and Saturdays I end up surfing the net/Reddit and doing some chores and reading webcomics and random stuff and I might really only play games a few hours or so. Still I have played through at least a few games. In no particular order:
- Undertale (it won the “Best Game Ever” poll on GameFAQs for 2015 in a hilarious tale of Undertale fans rallying each other to vote for the game on a web site they don’t usually visit, while grumpy fans for other games were complaining that Undertale fans were ruining the poll)
- Batman Arkham Origins and also the companion game Arkham Origins: Blackgate
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (got it quite a while ago, but didn’t get around to beat it before lately)
- Teslagrad (Norwegian metroidvania style indie game)
- Murdered: Soul Suspect (it was, uh, OK)
- Her Story (fascinating game where you have to find out the truth by watching old videos)
- Portal Stories: Mel (fan-made mod to the original Portal games with voice acting, quite amazing)
- Deadlight (2.5D almost metroidvania-style platform game with zombies)
- Amphora (a mix between a puzzle game and picture storybook, also made by a Norwegian indie company)
- almost finished The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask, just trying to find all the secrets now
- played both Lara Croft top down shooter games with my brothers (Guardian of Light and Temple of Osiris)
- The Swapper (another metroidvania style game, in space, kinda horrorish, amazing atmosphere and story)
- The Novelist (an indie game about despair and depression. Nah I hear it’s possible to get a perfectly happy ending, though I didn’t want to play through it again to try for it)
- Corpse Party: Blood Drive (the final chapter in the Corpse Party horror game series, was cool to see the characters again, but felt somewhat underwhelming compared to the first two games)
Currently I’m supposed to be planning an activity for the youth group next Saturday, so I should get back to it. Might very well post about it here after it’s done!