Doesn’t it look like space invaders?
I made those muffins from a recipe I found on the internet, but with some changes. I liked the recipe because it doesn’t require you to beat the egg and sugar for a lengthy period of time first. You just mix the ingredients together. It probably affects the texture of the muffins, but I don’t think it matters so much… Also it doesn’t need baking powder, which I’ve never bought because I don’t think I’ll be able to use a whole box.
- 100 grams melted margarine (it said liquid margarine, but I didn’t have that, so I just melted some normal margarine instead)
- 1,5 dl sugar (it said 2 dl, but I think it’s necessary to have that much)
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 dl flour
- 2 eggs
- Mix the sugar with the melted margarine, then mix in the eggs (without shells, preferably).
- Mix in the flour and cocoa, use a sieve to avoid clumps in the batter.
- Spoon the batter into muffin forms. The original recipe says to use 12 muffin forms, but you can also use more, if you want smaller muffins.
- Bake in the middle of the oven at 175Ã‚Â°C for 20 minutes. (Actually, I’m not sure about the heat and baking time either. Since I changed the recipe so much, it could affect the baking time and heat needed. Just check on them regularly to make sure they’re not burned.)
In the muffins on the photo I added a piece of banana on each piece, but it doesn’t really look very pretty. I was more succesful when I replaced the cocoa with a mashed banana, but I think I probably could’ve used two bananas instead, and less sugar, since the banana add quite a bit of sweetness by itself.